Add Your Heading Text Here
Add Your subtitle Text Here
Fast growth in technological complexity in the last decade has increased the risk of severe physical injuries or damage to the health of persons, associated to failures of electrical or electronic systems. Functional Safety is hence becoming more important in products of all types to prevent or control their unsafe operations due to dangerous failures.
Our Safety experts work closely with the customer team to meet the requirements according to ISO 26262. Our capability of analysis includes:
- hazard analysis (HARA) and risk assessment
- system safety assessment, using Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) methodologies
- design and/or assessment of safety concepts
- electronic hardware design support through hardware analysis (FMEDA, FTA, …) and component safety manual instructions implementation
- embedded control software development support (design of software safety mechanisms, integration of software with hardware safety mechanisms throughout adoption of component safety manuals directions).
Functional Safety activities executed during product development are critical to identify specific hazards related to the product and its intended applications, enabling prevention, mitigation and control of system malfunctioning and related hazards, considerably reducing re-engineering costs and time-to-market.