AUTOSAR SW development & delivery
PUNCH Softronix decided to develop the SW for its PUNCH Electronic Platform in compliance with AUTOSAR standard for both Application SW and BSW in order to make it open to easily include customer-provided or supplier-provided code in addition to the internally developed code.
For its internal development, a completely new git-based SW tool-chain has been set up, including:
- AUTOSAR authoring tools for RTE generation
- Model-Based SW Design tools for AUTOSAR compliant automatic code generation
- Model-In-the-Loop, Software-in-the Loop and Unit Testing tools
- Static Code Analysis tool (including MISRA compliance check)
- DevOps framework for Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
In addition, an ASPICE-compliant SW development process is being adopted for all different SW engineering phases from SW requirement definition to SW release.
The above-described approach allowed to release the first integrated SW package (developed completely in-house) for the first PUNCH Hydrocells H2-ICE application only 8 months after PUNCH Electronic Platform SW project kick-off.